Chimney Corners Camp Opportunities
Click here to go to forms and publications for current staff.
Staff Opportunities at Chimney Corners Camp
Year Round Positions
Food Service Staff
Chimney Corners Camp has immediate openings in our year-round food service. The Chimney Corners Camp Food Service serves meals for anywhere from 40 to 500 guests throughout the year. During the summer, meals are provided to campers and staff participating in our summer resident camp program. During the year we serve groups from all over the east coast working with schools, businesses, groups, families and individuals participating in our Berkshire Outdoor Center. Meals are served 7 days a week for most of the year.
- Competitive pay.
- Up to 40 hours of work available each week..
- State-of-the-art kitchen and dining facility located on 1400 acres in the beautiful Berkshires.
- Positive, values-driven work environment.
- Discounts for participation in camp programs for employees and family members.
- On the job training and ServeSafe certification courses provided.
- Previous experience in food service.
- Positive attitude.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good work ethic.
Please submit an online application (click on link at the top of the page). Contact Michael Monti
, Chimney Corners Camp Food Service Director, with questions regarding the position.
Applicants new to Chimney Corners Camp and interested in applying for the summer of 2013 may submit an online application at anytime, however, we will not make job offers to new applicants until after initial offers are made to returning staff in November. We must have a complete application and
completed reference forms (please download the form from this site and give the form to someone you want to act as a reference for you) on file before we will consider you for a position. Only applicants available for the entire camp season (June 15 - August 18) will be considered.
Applicants who worked for camp during the summer of 2012, past participants in our LIT programs (including participants in the 2012 LIT Program) and staff members from previous summers may submit an application at anytime, however, to be considered in the first round of hiring we encourage submission of applications by October 15 and priority will be given to staff submitting their application by that date. Staff who have had a gap in employment of more than 1 year and LITs who are applying to be staff for the first time, must submit
completed reference forms
(please download the form from this site and give the form to someone
you want to act as a reference for you) in addition to their online application.
We will begin notification of employment AFTER November 15 however notification could be much later. Applicants must be able to commit for the entire summer (June 16- August 18). Anyone applying to be an Ad Staff member should apply by October 15, however, later applications will be accepted if we have been unable to fill a position. We will accept applications as long as positions are available. Priority in employment will go to staff able to commit to the entire camp season. Staff seeking one session only positions will need to wait to be notified of employment and may not get a position.
Camp Job Descriptions
Cabin Counselors - Live and work with campers. Plan activities, teach afternoon skill classes. Cabin counselors must be 18 years or older and have a genuine interest in working with children and helping them grow and learn. Previous experience at Chimney Corners Camp preferred. (Download full job description listed to the left)
Assistant Counselors - Assist the cabin counselor with planning activities and supervising campers. Assistant counselors must have completed the 11th grade, have previous experience at CCC and have successful participated in one of our leaders-in-training programs (REACH or Aides). (Download the Assistant Counselor Job Description listed to the left). All staff members who are under 18 will be considered assistant counselors regardless of the year they are in school. In some cases, an assistant counselor may be used to work primarily in a program area or with several cabin groups.
We hire between 20 - 30 program activity specialists each summer in the following areas:
- Horseback Riding
- Fine Arts - Arts and crafts, painting, drawing, ceramics, photography, creative writing, and jewelry making.
- Performing Arts- Drama, musical, dance
- Land Sports - Basketball, tennis, soccer, lacrosse, field hockey
- Rock climbing/ High Ropes Course
- Tripping/Outdoor Living Skills
- Colonial Living
There are two types of positions within the program staff:
Program Area Directors - Staff are hired to supervise a program area and the program instructors and counseling staff working in those areas. Program Area Director must possess extensive experience in the area they supervise. In many cases, specific certifications are required. Ideally, Program Area Directors are 21 year or older. In some cases, younger staff with strong skills will be considered.
Program Instructors - Under the supervision of a program area director, program instructors teach skills to our campers. Program instructors need experience in the area in which they teach either as an instructor or as an advanced participant. Some certifications may be required but in some cases camp can provide certification courses to the right applicant.
Each summer we hire a number of staff that help support our organization. Below are the areas and the positions available.
Medical Staff - (RNs, LPNs, EMTs, Nurse Practioners) - We hire three medical professionals to work in our Infirmary. Competitive pay, housing, meals and camp program for kids included as part of employment. Medical staff work under the supervision of the camp doctor who is on site at all times. Preference is given to staff able to commit to a minimum of a month at camp and ideally the entire 9 week summer.
Food Service Staff - Our food service is preparing meals for over 400 people during the summer. The following positions are available:
- Cooks/Shift Supervisors
- Kitchen Assistants
- Dining Hall Steward
Office Staff - Our office staff support the camp by running the store and office, sorting mail, distributing camper mail and packages, handling camp finances and managing camp transportation. Positions in the office are:
- Office Assistants
- Office Manager
To Apply for Any Seasonal Position at CCC:
If you are a staff member from the US:
- Complete the online application. Do not skip fields unless they do not apply to you. Incomplete applications will not be considered. APPLY NOW
- Download the Reference sheet and give a copy to 3 people you would like to use as references. We must have three references and a complete application before considering an application.
- The Camp Director will be in touch to discuss the summer. The staff hiring process does not begin until early January. The Camp Director will be in touch but not before January
If you are a new staff member applying from outside of the US:
- Please contact one of the following agencies that work with Chimney Corners Camp to help us recruit international staff. Chimney Corners Camp will not hire a new international staff member directly so please DO NOT COMPLETE AN APPLICATION HERE. Instead, contact one of the following agencies. Once you have been accepted to the program, request that your application be sent to Chimney Corners Camp. Also, do not work with any other agency other than the ones listed here, as we will not accept applicants from other agencies:
If you are a returning International Staff:
- Contact Shannon to discuss visa options. Email Shannon Now